The Cost of Silestone Countertops
Silestone countertops is an excellent choice for a kitchen countertop surface if you are looking for a high-end look that is also durable. Unlike other high-end countertops, Silestone will not stain, scorch, or scratch.
Estimate the Cost of A Silestone Countertop For Your Home
Required Tools: Tape Measure / Calculator or Spreadsheet
1) Measure the length of the counter in inches. Be sure to measure to the wall and not to the backsplash for an accurate measurement. For example, we will use a length of 130 inches.
2) Measure the width of counters in inches. Be sure to include in your measurement the overhang that extends beyond the base cabinet. For example, we will use a width of 25 ½ inches.
3) Multiply the width times the length to get the number of square inches. For example, 130 x 25.5 = 3,315 square inches.
4) Divide the total number of square inches by 144 to get the number of square feet. For example, 3,315 / 144 = 23.02 square feet.
5) Multiply the number of square feet times the cost per square of the Silestone countertops you selected. Silestone countertops can range anywhere from $50 to $100 per square foot installed. For this example, we will use a cost of $75 per square foot. Therefore, $75 x 23.02 = $1,726.50.
6) $1,726.50 is the cost estimate for the Silestone countertops in this example. However, the price can vary for multiple reasons. Specifically it can change if you include installation, plumbing, built-in features, backslash or a fancy edge.
• If chipped or cracked, Silestone can be repaired or rubbed out due to it’s consistent material of manufactured quartz.
• Sileston comes in more colors and options beyond the options available from natural granite
• Granite tends to be a little less per square foot